Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Planner
Location: Benin, Edo
Reports To: Asset Care Manager
Context of the Role
- Nigeria is currently the world's third largest market for the Guinness Brand. GNPLC has made large capital investments in recent years, resulting in the sites having both new and ageing assets and technology.
- The role involves providing high focus on maintenance activities, to assist with driving performance to World Class Standards.
- The role holder will be responsible for ensuring all assets are included and maintained within a formal, structured Planned Maintenance System.
Purpose of the Role
- Plans, organizes, directs, controls, administers and supervises execution of the Planned Maintenance System, contributing to the enhancement in machine performance, reduction in unplanned machine stoppages and optimal utilization of available manpower for their area.
- Execute the company maintenance strategy and procedures in response to plant performance and failures, in accordance with industry best practice and WCM.
- The Nigerian beer market is very complex with many competitors and a strong quality, cost and delivery focus.
- There is a need to constantly reduce cost of maintenance, while improving plant availability & reliability
Manage routine/weekly Planned Maintenance activities for their area/line by:
Develop project plan.
- Raising work orders
- Planning Resources
- Managing spares availability (reservations)
- Reporting against KPIs
- Running reports on specified modules
- Support management of shutdown Planned Maintenance activities for all equipment and labour in their area/line, including ordering spares, progress chasing spares, issuing work orders, assembling parts packages and closing all work orders on completion.
- Tracking, reviewing and reporting of all maintenance activities against agreed KPIs and compliance requirements and maintenance data analysis and reporting.
- Manage and Maintain CMMS maintenance data, including rotables, equipment details and work order feedback.
- Facilitate the development of reliability based maintenance system.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3-4 years’ experience in a Brewery or FMCG manufacturing environment
- Proficient in the use of CMMS and maintenance systems, preferably Maximo/SAP with some knowledge of engineering spares transactions and stores management.
- Good understanding of the fundamental principles of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) and its application in a manufacturing industry, and knowledgeable in the theory and practice of BCM, Root Cause analysis and problem solving techniques.
- Effective project management, time management and prioritization skills, and able to interpret engineering information and issue effective reports.
- Conversant with GNPLC health, safety, environment & hygiene policies.
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills and able to influence maintenance culture positively towards the site vision.
- Bachelor’s degree or HND in Engineering, preferably NSE accredited. Master’s degree is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online